Booking Terms and Conditions
Booking a safari holiday can be a large commitment and expense, and we are dedicated to assisting you with your arrangements. All tour operators and suppliers have booking conditions and payment requirements which need to be adhered to in order to secure your reservation.
Once a provisional booking is made and written confirmation from you is given, a deposit of 25% is required to secure the booking. This is a non-refundable deposit. Quotes are valid for 14 days at which time they will be re-costed should the deposit not be received to confirm the booking.
Balance payment is required 2 months prior to departure date, or payment in full if inside 2 months of travel.
Cancellation fees – apply to all confirmed bookings:
- Cancellation more than 8 weeks prior to travel date, the non-refundable deposit is forfeited
- Cancellation made between 4 weeks and 8 weeks prior to travel date, the deposit plus 25% of the balance payment is forfeited
- Cancellation made between 3 weeks and 4 weeks prior to travel date, the deposit plus 50% of the balance payment is forfeited
- Cancellation made between 2 weeks and 3 weeks prior to travel date, the deposit plus 60% of the balance payment is forfeited
- Cancellation made inside 2 weeks of travel date, 100% cancellation fees apply
Notice must be given in writing for any cancellation of bookings or part thereof and are subject to the above cancellation policy. Individual suppliers may have different cancellation policies to the above and must be adhered to.
- All travellers making arrangements through Remarkable Africa must take out comprehensive cancellation, evacuation and medical insurance. Most places that you will be travelling to are remote and have limited medical facilities. We are able to offer travel insurance should you like us to arrange this for you.
- All passport holders should verify visa entry requirements with us or the relevant consulate prior to travelling. Visas are ultimately the responsibility of the traveller and no responsibility can be held for incorrect visas. Passports must be valid for at least 6 months from date of travel, and you should have a minimum of 4 blank pages in your passport. Entry may be denied if documents.
- Travelers must ensure they have all necessary visas prior to departure from their home country (unless these can be obtained on arrival) as Remarkable Africa, its staff, suppliers and operators cannot be held liable should entry be denied.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you are aware of any health requirements for your travel destinations. Vaccinations are strongly recommended for certain destinations. You need to contact your local doctor or travel vaccination centre who will advise you of these requirements. Please note that vaccinations may be recommended some period in advance of travelling.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date may apply and are beyond our control.
- Prices may be subject to currency fluctuations. The price quoted is subject to change in the event of any unforeseen increases in fuel costs including currency fluctuations (relevant to aircraft or transfer services) and/or Government levies/taxes.
- All quotations are subject to the availability of all services at the time of making a reservation.
- The rate of exchange can only be determined on date of payment of invoice.
- Due to the logistics of travelling on a safari to remote areas, we strongly recommend that all guests read the literature provided. Should there be any further queries, please feel free to contact us.
- Strict luggage restrictions are applicable to light aircraft flights within Africa. Soft bags (no hard suitcases) are required, and must be within certain dimensions due to the size and shape of the aircraft luggage pods. Please chat with us about your specific luggage requirements.
- All passengers under 18 years of age will need to present an unabridged birth certificate as well as a valid passport when entering, departing or transiting South Africa and Botswana. Abbreviated versions or baptismal certificates are not accepted. This requirement applies to minors of all nationalities – whether travelling unaccompanied, with both parents, with one parent or with a guardian/s or another adult/s. A sworn translation (certified/authenticated) in English should accompany all documentation that is in a language other than English.
An invoice will be issued for all confirmed bookings. Payments can be made into the Remarkable Africa USD (US Dollar) account if paying a USD invoice, or our AUD (Australian Dollar) account if paying an AUD invoice. You are able to pay the bank equivalent of the USD amount into the AUD bank account if you chose to (please contact us on the day of payment to get the current bank rate of exchange).
Should you wish to pay by credit card an additional charge of 2% for Visa/Mastercard and 3% for American Express will apply. The credit card will be charged in the local currency (AUD) and will be exchanged by the bank at the exchange rate applicable on the day. For this reason, there may be a variation in the currency quoted (if other than AUD) and the actual rate processed on the client’s credit card.
The client acknowledges that Remarkable Africa acts as a booking agent for the suppliers of products and accepts no liability for any injury, loss, damage, accident, delay or irregularity that may arise to any customer or third party resulting from the customer or third parties use of the Products. All bookings are made on your behalf subject to the terms and conditions, including conditions of carriage and limitations of liability, imposed by these service providers. We can provide you with copies of the relevant service provider terms and conditions on request. Your legal rights in connection with the provision of travel services are against the specific provider and, except to the extent a problem is caused by fault on our part, are not against us. Specifically, if for any reason (excluding fault on our part) any travel service provider is unable to provide the services for which you have contracted, your rights are against that provider and not against us.
To the extent permitted by law, neither Remarkable Africa nor any of its related employees or agents accept any liability in contract, tort or otherwise for any injury, damage, loss (including consequential loss), delay, additional expense or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly by the acts, omissions or default, whether negligent or otherwise, of third party providers over whom we have no direct control, force majeure or any other event which is beyond our control or which is not preventable by reasonable diligence on our part.
These Terms & Conditions shall be governed in all respects by the laws of Australia (State of Queensland) and any claims or disputes between the client and Remarkable Africa in connection with this agreement shall be commenced, filed and litigated before a court of proper jurisdiction in the State of Queensland, Australia.
*NB: Please ensure that you are aware of our booking conditions and that payment of a deposit indicates the client’s acceptance of the conditions.
Remarkable Africa Pty Ltd ABN 58 612 210 090