BOTSWANA FAMILY SAFARI
Family safaris in Africa are incredible opportunities to spend quality time together experiencing completely unique things that will make for life-time memories.
These are some of the benefits when booking a Ker&Downey Botswana safari through Remarkable Africa
Ker & Downey Botswana prides itself on being one of the most family friendly safari operators in Southern Africa.
1. No private vehicle required. Guaranteeing a maximum of 4 guests per vehicle. This means family groups from 4 to 7 get their own private vehicle with no extra cost.
2. No private activities required. Minimum age of the camp is the minimum age of children for all activities. This includes the Sleep Out Decks (Kanana and Dinaka).
3. No festive season surcharges. No surcharges are placed on Easter, Christmas and New Year periods.
4. Children’s menus. Camp management will chat to your family on arrival about their dining preferences and offer alternative child-friendly meals if so desired.
5. Reduced children’s rates. Children receive discounted rates when sharing with a full paying adult. This discounted rate is also available in peak season when booking the family tent(s). Adult rates only applicable at 16 years of age.
6. Giving back to Children. In addition to being great value, The Ker & Downey Botswana Family Package also “gives-back” to Bana Ba Letsatsi (Children’s Centre in Maun).
7. Family tents – Dinaka, Kanana, Okuti and Footsteps Camp all have family tents. Each family tent has the same configuration; they sleep maximum 5 people, have 2 bedrooms with a shared bathroom, indoor and outdoor shower.
8. Interactive activities. All camp teams are trained in hosting families – though its very much within our culture to have extended families – guests therefore become part of that.
9. Checks and references. All guides and management require a “Police Clearance” before confirmation of employment
10. The Young Explorers Camp is the ideal bush setting for maximising your family time in nature, therefore creating special moments you’ll treasure forever
Click here for a great video on the Young Explorers Camp
Click here for a suggested itinerary
Contact us at Remarkable Africa to discuss a Botswana family safari – or any other family safari in Africa